Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Motivation for the Mundane....

There is so many day to day chores as well as the extra deep cleaning chores that need to be done that I just think blah! what is the point??

Years ago when there was just 2 kids and I was working full time I used to scrub the house from top to bottom on Saturday, I kept up with washing sheets weekly, in depth cleaning of the bathroom, gosh I even think I used to clean the oven on a very regular basis!

Now that I'm home full time and not working outside the home, I struggle to keep it all together! Not that I don't have the time or that I feel overwhelmed......It just that I can't be bothered!!

I used to cringe with shame at the thought of someone coming over unannounced with a pile of dishes in the sink and the folding taking over my lounge room! I hate the thought that just because I have a large family means I can't keep my house clean!! That truly is not the reason, sure they make a lot of mess but it doesn't mean I can't keep up with it.....

Now I still cringe but I don't run around like a headless chook trying to look like I was in the middle of sorting out my chaos!! I seem to have fallen into the saying of 'Clean enough to be healthy, but dirty enough to be happy' or somewhere along those lines........

Since I had morning sickness, I've struggled with maintaining a clutterless home, getting everyone to put things back in their place.

SO today begins my Spring Clean. Focusing on a room per day as well as maintaining the general stuff like kitchen, cooking, washing.............

Today will be GIRLS ROOM - putting away clean clothes dumped on floor, sorting and culling toys, washing sheets and donnas, cleaning window and vacuum floor :) Yes I am starting with the easiest room :)

I better get off here and get on with it then!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment